Thursday, July 28, 2011

Urologist, Neurologist, Oncologist.... How Many Doctors Can We See????

Today, I received a phone call from the boys Pediatricians office telling me to call them ASAP to talk about the boys.  So after Apple Camp with Zachy I called them.  Come to find out that Carters stool tests came back abnormal.  There is something coming up that isn't right basically.  So they needed me to bring in another sample today so they can run another test called a PH differential (don't ask me I haven't found out yet).  Stephanie, the great nurse, said Dr. Naylor is going to refer Carter to a GI Doctor to figure out what is going on.  She also said that Carter still needs to go in and get his stress EKG as soon as possible since his heart rate is still going up.  She also informed me that they are referring the boys to Scottish Rite!  Yeah! Big relief!  Hopefully they will get in.  Carter is being referred first since all of his CMT testing is done. Zach gets his EMG tomorrow so once results are in they will refer him as well.  GREAT NEWS!  LOVE, LOVE THEIR DOCTORS!  18 and Under MD rocks!  I called and left a message on Monday for Dr. Naylor or Kim about referring us to Scottish Rite and Tuesday Kim called and said I will get the referral in!  Easy peasy!

Then I get a call from Ortho saying they are making an appointment for Zach at 3 pm today to see the Urologist.  All I could think about was how crazy this is getting. We have an Hematologist/Oncologist, Neurologist, Urologist, Cardiologist, Physiatrist, Pediatrician, Orthopedic and a GI Dr!  Seriously?  I am sure I even forgot one or two.  Anyway, we ended up not getting in to the Urologist today and I am glad we just had too much going on anyway. 

On a great note I spoke to Jeanna Sweeney who is with the CMTA.  She was so helpful in helping me understand what to do next with the boys and where the best place to go is. She highly recommends going to see Dr. Shy in Detroit, Michigan.  He is the best Neurologist in the world for CMT.  Dr. Shy is the Director of the Charcot Marie Tooth Clinic and Co-Director of the Neuromuscular Program at Wayne State University in Detroit.  She said he is great with kids and his clinic is a FREE clinic!  He has a team of Physical Therapist, genetic counseling, basically a full staff!  She gave me the number to call and said there is a waiting list but I should try and get the kids in.  She flies her 6 yr old in from PA to see him and she sees him as well. 

One last note...Please pray for Zachary to have the strength to get through his testing tomorrow.  He is very nervous and scared.  I'll let you all know how it goes.

Until Next Time........Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment