Friday, September 16, 2011

Lets Get Ready To Rumble!!! Cotton Patch Challenge!

Well we made it to Greenville, Texas in one piece! At least without to much whining, are we there yet? We checked into our hotel, went to pick up race packet and then ate dinner. Now its time for bed.

Carter is sooo excited yet a little nervous. We told him to relax and have fun which I know is easier said then done. We told him its not about where you finish its about having fun and raising awareness for CMT. He siad he knows but just wants to finish race strong. I know without a doubt he will give 100%.

He ate a big dinner to insure he will have plenty of food for ride and went to bed early since we have to be there at 6:55 am so we are up at 5:30am, yep that's right 5:30! What the heck was I thinking? Of course it's like 10:45pm n I am still blogging and posting updates on facebbok n twitter.....need sleep!

It started to drizzle tonight we are hoping for sunshine in morning. especially since this is his first race and he has never ridden in rain before. We haven't had any here in Texas! News says at race timeitwill be 72 so we are hoping they are correct.

Carter's race will begin at 7:55am and is 31 miles long. Sean, will be driving to checkpoints to check on him and me,my mom and his brother's,Zach n Ayden will be there at beginning of race and then head over to finish. We will be taking lots of pics and posting them.

I actually think we are more nervous then Carter! Sean is busy getting all race gear ready and checking bike. He has double,triple checked all gear and has water and sport bottles ready. I on the other hand don't know anything about cycling so I am in charge of other kids and raising awareness and cheering!

Unfortunately, I am sicker than a dog and don't have much of a voice, so my normal loud mouth will not be up to par tomorrow. None the less, I will be cheering with what little voice I have left. Cause that is what mom's do!

Wish us luck, well Carter luck! Please send us tweets @carterschalleng on twitter. I will be tweeting before, during and after race. Yes, our twitter is carterschalleng without the e because the e made it too long....

Until Next Time......GO CARTER!

"Stay Strong, Believe!"Carter Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment