Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy 16th Birthday Carter!!!!!

Ten years ago Carter was born during an emergency c-section. Carter was called a miracle baby at the hospital. He was only 3lbs 11.5 oz! I knew he was special from the moment he was born and that he was meant to do great things.

I just didn't know that these great things would be centered around Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease.  That on his sixteenth birthday we would be doing fundraisers to raise awareness about a disease he and his brother suffer from. I didn't know that the great things he was born to do would be about him taking a stand against a disease and help raise funds to find a cure for him and his little brother, Zachary.  What I did know is how strong he is and how he won't back down from anything.  

 Carter fought his way into this world and he is still fighting.  Defying all odds when he was in the womb and defying all odds throughout his 16 years. Carter is my hero and Carter is my guardian angel.  I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful child and to have the opportunity to watch him grow from a little boy into a handsome, smart, thoughtful, strong young man. 

Carter, I love you and I am so proud to be your mom.  The way you have stepped up to be such an inspiration to not only your younger brothers, but to others who have CMT is just simply amazing.  You make me want to be the best mom I can be for you and your brothers and sister.

HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY BUDDY!  WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU! 

Until Next Time...................WHO INSPIRES YOU?

"Stay Strong, Believe"~Carter Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment