Sunday, August 28, 2011

How Having The Support Of One Amazing Cross Country Team Can Encourage A Fighter to Fight!

I know I have written a lot about how Carter inspires me or how he makes me proud, well I am doing it again.  Only this time I am writing to tell you about an awe inspiring moment that I believe will inspire others to NEVER GIVE UP, FIGHT WITH ALL YOU HAVE, AND STAY STRONG, BELIEVE! 


Last night Carter decided to go and support his cross country friends at their 1 mile time trials.  Every year at the beginning of the season, Coach T does what is called SOS under the lights.  At 9 p.m. all Cross Country kids meet at Marcus Track and Field and do their 1 mile time trial under the lights.  Parents, friends and supporters show up to cheer them on and its just a really cool, exciting event.  Actually, its a huge deal this is where the kids basically see who is on Varsity and obviously who the fastest is. 


Well, after they all ran their time trial Carter was telling his BFF Adam, hey I want to run the mile (he misses CC so much).  So, Adam got a stop watch and Carter lined up at the start line and they yelled GO! By the way, he wasn't dressed in running clothes! As Carter starts running he is joined by the Hendrix twins, John Shirk and Sean Duffy who are running with him, encouraging him to keep going and push harder.  At one point John told Carter, this is going to hurt when its all over but its going to be worth it.  On the sidelines, the rest of Marcus Cross Country is cheering him on.  As he is running his stomach starts to hurt, his chest and so forth.  Does he give up?  No way, Carter pushed through the pain in his chest, stomache, knees, achiles heal and feet to cross the finish line in 5:31!!!!!! 


 HE RAN THE MILE IN 5:31 WITH NO TRAINING OVER THE SUMMER, NO RUNNING CLOTHES, NO PREPERATION WHAT SO EVER!  THIS WAS PURE DETERMINATION, AN I CAN DO MOMENT, I AM A FIGHTER!  I CONTROL THE DISEASE THE DISEASE DOES NOT CONTROL ME! 


A MOMENT IN TIME ME, AS A MOTHER WILL NEVER FORGET. 


A MOMENT WHEN ONE OUTSTANDING TEAM CAME TOGETHER TO ENCOURAGE A FIGHTER. 


THANK YOU MARCUS CROSS COUNTRY TEAM FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT! WE ARE TRULY BLESSED TO HAVE YOU IN OUR LIVES.  THERE JUST SIMPLY IS NO BETTER TEAM THAN THE MARCUS CROSS COUNTRY TEAM!To "celebrate" they took Carter to I-Hop.  When he came home he was so happy, elated, and full of energy, surprising it was after midnight, he hurt but he said it was all worth it.  He said he misses that rush you get when your running.  I know what he means I miss it too. 


Until Next Time............GO MARCUS CROSS COUNTRY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment