Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cold Feet Anyone?


Do you have cold feet? I am asking this because it seems to be a common complaint among people with CMT. I know my son, Carter complains of cold feet often and actually I have very cold feet and hands myself. It could be 100 degrees outside and I want to wear socks! I don't know if I have CMT yet but find it interesting none the less. Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed a lot of people asking about cold feet and hands, so I thought I would put out a poll to see how many people with CMT suffer from this. The poll is in the sidebar on right hand side.

If you suffer from cold feet I would suggest trying Diabetic Socks. They are more expensive but they are seamless, non-binding, usually wider and some have extra padding. These socks would be great for most people with CMT because of their issues with foot sores, sensitivity and cold feet. I am actually looking for some for my son Zachary. Zach is really picking with socks and I never knew why until now. He has CMT type 2 and has more sensory problems than Carter. So any sock with a seam really irritates him and he doesn't like to have them fit to tight. From what I hear Diabetic socks are loose fitting to help with circulation which is another benefit for CMTers.

According to my new friend Carol at www.smartfeetsavannah.com ,copper socks are best for those with CMT because they are seamless, soothing and antimicrobial! Bonus! No more stinky feet! They will help prevent sores, wick away moisture and are very soft! Yes, they are diabetic socks but we have the same problems with feet as they do! I am definitely ordering some of those!

So guys please take the time to complete the poll on the right side. Try these socks, not only will they help your feet get warm but they will keep them protected.

Until Next Time..............Keep those tootsies warm!

"Stay Strong, Believe” Carter Hayes


No comments:

Post a Comment